The climb was a-ma-zing. The mountain is very beautiful with many different vegetation changes as we gained elevation. As we ascended on summit day, we had a full moon to one side and the sun rising on the other side. We were above the clouds for most of the days, and I have never been so close to the moon. This was my first time camping and I really enjoyed it. We set a record – a member of our team was the first Tanzanian albino (partially blind) to summit Mount Kilimanjaro. Deo is a 17 year old that lives at the Mwereni school. I am so proud of our whole team! I hope to return!!!
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Jambo from Africa
The climb was a-ma-zing. The mountain is very beautiful with many different vegetation changes as we gained elevation. As we ascended on summit day, we had a full moon to one side and the sun rising on the other side. We were above the clouds for most of the days, and I have never been so close to the moon. This was my first time camping and I really enjoyed it. We set a record – a member of our team was the first Tanzanian albino (partially blind) to summit Mount Kilimanjaro. Deo is a 17 year old that lives at the Mwereni school. I am so proud of our whole team! I hope to return!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment